auto assign the parent, if sub task condition is true

Praveen Ramapuram July 18, 2016

Hi,

I am working on a background script that  would like to do -

• auto assign the parent ticket to admin, if the sub task is Open and older than 15 days

Thanks for the help

Praveen

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2016

Ok, not sure what you're asking for here?

I'd look to do that as a service that runs a filter on a regular basis and updates issues that match the filter (I've not played with the automation add-on enough to know if that can do it)

Praveen Ramapuram July 19, 2016

I am using a Groovy Script runner, to do the following :

Parent issue will be allowed to move to Y state, when one of the following condition occurs

(1) (2)(3)(4)(5)conditions

(6) 15days has passed since sub-tasks are opened, - In this case only ADMIN is allowed to move the parent to Y State.

How do I Include/Set this criteria that if Condition (6) is TRUE, Only ADMIN is allowed to move the parent to Y State ?

If there is another forum for scripting, please do lets us know

Thanks again

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2016

I'm afraid that does not clarify it.

Specifically

"Parent issue will be allowed to move to Y state, when one of the following condition occurs"

A condition is something you do in a workflow.  You can script them, but they do NOT change any data.  You appear to be wanting to make changes so you either need a listener, a service or a psot-function

Please, could you explain again what you are trying to do - change data, or stop a user performing a transition?  One or the other.  (Ideally, do NOT use the word "condition" anywhere)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events