I need agile features such as Kanban, burndown chart etc.

My JIRA version is 6.2.5. Do I need to upgrade to get them? If yes, to which release?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

You don't need to upgrade.  You need to add the Agile add-on

(Or you could upgrade to JIRA 7 and add the "JIRA Software" application which is a replacement for the Agile add-on in JIRA 7)

Thank you for your answer.

I cannot find a JIRA Agile add-on.

I search in Atlassian Marketplace for JIRA for "JIRA Agile" but it does not come up.

Ah, yes, that's because the marketplace only really exposes "latest, and the change from "Agile" to "Software" has sort of confused the history a bit.  

You should be able to find it if you use the "universal plugin manager" inside JIRA, as that selects for the current version of JIRA.

Or just hit https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira/versions and make sure you download and select a version that is supported for your version of JIRA.

You'll also need to licence this, and Atlassian's site won't talk about the Agile add-on, it'll make you get "Software".  But a licence key for Software will work for the Agile add-on.

Thank you, I downloaded a version compatible with JIRA 6.2.5 from  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira/versions

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

56 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot