Why is our Confluence Calendar not refreshing?

Deleted user September 15, 2016

We have a Jira form we use to log leave requests. The dates and details on this form are pulled into a Confluence Calendar. Any of these events can be edited or a new request logged and it does not reflect the change in the Calendar. I can open the Calendar (on my PC) in Chrome, IE or FireFox and they all look the same, these changes are not reflected. I can Refresh/Restart my browsers several times, no difference.
Until a Calendar Refresh is done via the ... "Refresh" (not a browser page refresh!). Then only do all the changes and recent updates appear in my Calendar. Why is this?

I waited several hours and it still did not reflect the changes even after several browser page reloads.

Thank you
Kevin

2 answers

0 votes
David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2016

Kevin: Apparently Team Calendar refreshes once per hour, this does not seem to be configurable. According to the second issue there's lag before a change in an issue will show up in the calendar.

TEAMCAL-842 - Auto refresh Team Calendars of type "Jira" RESOLVED

TEAMCAL-431 - Eliminate lag time between setting date in JIRA field and seeing changes reflected on JIRA calendar OPEN

Also see Stephen Behnke's answer here
Team calendar refresh 

Lisa: Yes it's a plugin. https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/team-calendars

0 votes
Lisa Zentz September 19, 2016

Kevin, are you using a plug into Confluence?  I thought the latest version came with a calendar, but we were told it didn't.  We're on 5.9.12.  Sorry to derail your question, but if we could use a calendar it would rock!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events