Why can I close issues with open subtasks, even though blocking condition is set?

Esther Strom, ACP-JA April 11, 2016

I have a subtask blocking condition set up on my parent issue types' workflow transitions, but I can still close issues with open subtasks. What am I missing?

2 answers

0 votes
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2016

I'm betting you didn't publish your workflow.  Check to see if it's still in a draft state.

Nope, it's definitely published.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2016

Whatever you may have put may not be working at all. Can you share with us on what you did? Any hints from the logs? 

I don't have access to the logs. On my transition that leads to the Closed status for a parent issue type (Story, Bug), I added a condition and chose Sub-Task Blocking Condition as the type. On the next screen, I choose Closed as the status that subtasks need to have, then clicked OK. I then published the draft workflow.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2016

What add-on is this? Also, make sure that project is using the workflow you just edited and it has all the correct parameters.

Suggest an answer