View Only for user stories & bugs for non-jira users

BusinessD December 15, 2015

Hello,

I am researching JIRA for our organization and one of the problem that we need to solve is the ability to provide people with a URL to an item like a user story or bug so then can view it and check the status.  Is there a way to do this so they would not have to login and take up a license?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2015

If they want to see the ticket, they should have a valid license. Only other option is to make the projects visible to anonymous users (everyone).

With the new JIRA-Core, JIRA-Software set up, you can go for JIRA-Core licenses and that should be enough to view the ticket.

BusinessD December 16, 2015

So if we host it ourselves within our network then anonymous users could view the stories if the had the URL? This wouldn't count against our user license? The reason I'm asking is we have many users that will be infrequently looking at information in Jira so I don't want to buy a bunch of licenses for people that may only use it once a week or less.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

Yes, that's right. Anonymous users won't count against the license.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events