View Epic & Versions

Clarkey October 4, 2018

Hi,

I've migrated a backlog across to a different instance of JIRA, however all issue associations to EPIC's and versions have been lost.

I don't see an option of how to link them again? Also, I cannot find a way to quickly view Epic's or Versions from the main backlog? There used to be a quick filter to the left of the board?

Can someone help!?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Nimalka Lucas October 9, 2018

The Epics and versions panel is still available on the backlog view. The easiest way to would be to use the bulk update option to update the epics and versions. 

image.png

0 votes
Daniel Deng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2018

Hi Steve

How did you migrate your project cross Jira instances? I would recommend using Project Configurator, which allows you to migrate Agile boards, Epic, Versions, etc.

As for missing Epic and Version tabs, it seems that you don't have an Agile board in your new project. I guess there is no "Backlog" menu in your left panel either? If yes, try to create a Scrum board for your project and Epic and Versions will be back

Suggest an answer