Unable to create issues in projects - CORE expired - Have Software license

IT Admin February 19, 2021

Dear Atlassian:

Recently our JIRA Core expired. All of a sudden we can no longer create issues in all the projects, stating an error that our evaluation has expired. Given we own both Software and Service Desk license, we were told that all projects and board should not be impacted even if the Core expires.

At this point we will need some help to understand the reason why expired Core license would affect our existing projects given we have the Software license.

So if I understand this correctly, if we own Software, Core doesn't matter? At this point we need to solve this...

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2021

Core does matter, but the software licence includes the core access your Software users need.

Try going to Admin -> Manage applications (not apps) and you should find Core, Software and Service Desk listed, with a box for entering licences.  Go to edit the Core licence and simply blank out the key.  That should make it behave.

Steve Du February 22, 2021

Wow Nic that does the trick!

Thank you so much I really appreciate your information. Not sure why I never thought to try that to being with.

Again thank you so much!

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events