Set summary automatically when creating a issue

BZCC IT July 15, 2020

I'm customizing it project that do not need summary, but an serial number is there, but the system requires a summary, so I want to use the post transition function to fill the summary with the "serial" field that I created as an custom field in the create screen.

I'm try to use "Add Post Function To Transition", "Update Issue Field" and find the "summary" is there in the "Issue Field", but do not know how to set the "Field Value" so that the summary can be set with the value of the custom filed "serial"

any advise?

I've search this question but find almost the same suggestion using scriptrunner, just want to know if there's a simpler way to do this.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2020

Hi @BZCC IT ,

I do not use Server version but in Cloud there is a post function for Copy Value from Other Field. Does that not exist in Server?

If not, can you share a screenshot of the post functions available?

Regardless, you should be able to do this with Automation For Jira. There is a free Lite version add-on for Server or a fully paid version that is more robust. Here is the comparison of those two products:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/getting-the-right-version-993924597.html

BZCC IT July 16, 2020

Hi @John Funk 

Thanks for you reply. I've not know about this automation yet. let me try if the free version can help me work out this.

This is the screenshot that I'm looking at when I try to set the summary with the post function:

2020-07-17 073904.png

The following one this the screen that when I choose "update issue field"2020-07-17 073554.png

BZCC IT July 16, 2020

by the way, my jira version is 8.5 as shown in the 2nd screenshot.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2020

Yes, it looks like you will need something like Automation For Jira or another add-on. 

0 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2020

Sorry, but you are not able to achieve this without 3rd party App or your own App. You can use ScriptRunner (you already mentioned) or https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5048/jsu-automation-suite-for-jira-workflows?hosting=server&tab=overview

BZCC IT July 15, 2020

so the system default "Field Value" text do not support any Micro or variable that can include an existing field?

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2020

I'm not avare of this possibility, maybe someone else will know other possibilities :(

BZCC IT July 15, 2020

I see, still thanks for you advice.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events