Resolving an Issue at initial transition

SB December 11, 2016

Hi, i'm using v6.0.4. I'd like to set resolution to "fixed" right after issue created. I put a post function "The Resolution of the issue will be set to Fixed." but resolution doesn't change. Does anyone have an idea why it doesn't work ?

1 answer

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2016

Hi Seda

Can you please confirm if you are able to manually resolve the issue? There are permissions involved when resolving an issue. Check whether you have the right permissions. Also check your logs to check if there is an error being thrown.

SB December 11, 2016

Hi Bhushan,

Yes i have right to resolve the issue - just checked it from permission scheme.

I followed the below instructions but it did not work too:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-776636620.html#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-essentialpostfunctions

If you need to set the 'Resolution' field when creating an issue, add the 'Update Issue Field' post function after the 'Create the issue' post function and after that, use the 'Store Issue' post function. The 'Store Issue' post function is useful for setting the Resolution field during issue creation.

However, only use the Store Issue post function where necessary, since it:

• does not generate change history
  • is unable to persist fields that have a one-to-many relationship with the issue (for example, 'Version' or 'Component'

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events