Resolution Category

Audra Bonacki August 17, 2017

Hi there. I made the Resolution Category field required and that field is only on the Resolve Issue Screen however, when we created a new Task ticket, it produced an error and would not complete it because it said it required the Resolution Category. HELP!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2017

The mandatory flag on a field means it is always mandatory - you need to either default the value in the background or put the field on the create screen.

I suspect though, that you don't want that.  To make a field mandatory later in the workflow, use validators to check that it is set on transitions.

Hi, thanks Nic. Correct, we do not want it to always be mandatory and don't want to add it to the Create screen. I do have it set to only be on the Resove Issue Screen in the transition but it still threw the same error when creating a ticket. I'll have to do more research on how to use a validator as I'm not familiar.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2017

The screens have nothing to say about the options on fields, they are simple lists of fields to present to a user when something happens.

That I understand, I just found it odd that everywhere that field is only listed to be on the Resolve issue screen yet it throws an error on the Create screen. But like you said, if it is required, it becomes required on all screens. Not what we need to do here.

Suggest an answer