we are using at the moment Jira v7.2.3 with the Checklist-AddOn v3.1.5 and observed that the checklist is sometimes not working correct. The checklist will not expand and the items wont be shown.
There are only the words (as a link) "show more" that can be read but nothing will happend if u will click this link.
The checklist-items will be be shown if u click beside this link (right or left), but not on the left "edit"-button.
If u click on the edit-button the defined items will be shown as expected in the edit-mode. If u leave the edit-mode by "cancle", the items will be hidden again.
But if u leave the edit-mode by "ok/apply" the items will be displayed.
This behaviour is very strange and many users are dissatisfied with it. The expected behaviour is, that the checklist-items will be shown automatically.
Is this problem already known? And if yes ... have u got a solution for it?
Thanks for your reply
I would require more information to troubleshoot the issue.
first i like to show u what we are doing. We can replicate this behaviour easy . It happends every time, if we open an issue of a project the first time. The items of the defined checkbox will not be shown at the first time. The items will only be shown it the user make some more action. These action can be one of the follow:
Take a look of this small movie please, i demonstrate it there.
We dont get any browser errors and we are using the follow browsers:
And yes, we migrated JIRA to a new server and we upgraded JIRA during this process. The old versions were JIRA 7.1.9 build: 71013 with the Checklist-Addon Version 3.1.3.
I hope i could give u the informations that u need.
Thanks for the supplemental information! The movie showed me what I suspected. It looks like Checklist doesn't get the signal from JIRA that the customfield has been loaded and as such is not properly initialized. I think that it is because of the view you are in. Is that the search view? In order for me to troubleshoot it, I need to be able to reproduce the view.
Before the upgrade to 7.2.3, was it functioning properly?
yes it was working properly on the old server under jira 7.1.9 and checklist 3.1.3. But the checklist version 3.1.3 is not compatible with the new JIRA version 7.2.3 ... thats the reason, why we upgraded also the checklist to v 3.1.5.
And what do u mean with "search view"? I open the project direct by using the menue-item "projects".
The behaviour is also the same, if i open the project by main-menue -> issues -> Search for issues.
And i dont know if its helpfull, but maybe ... so thats the checklist-configuration
i´m sorry but i need to inform u that we have another problem now. The problem is that the browser will crash totaly (freeze) if we try to edit the checklists. The error happends often but we can not reproduce the error by doing exactly the same. Mostly it happends if we add an item. Sometimes it happends after, sometimes before adding the first item ...and the other time it happends if we add the second item...
The problem can easy reproduced for the follow browsers:
It seems that Firefox (49.0.2) is working properly
I have also here some links for u´re demonstration:
i dont know if its helpfull for u ... but maybe... so i´d like to inform u about that we recognized also a way to get firefox crashed (in reference to the check-list-problem).
The result is not so fatal like for ie- or edge-browser ... because the firefox doesnt crash totaly ... firefox detect that there is a problem with the website and we are able to stop this site.
Knut (by order of Helmut)
Hi my Community friends! For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs