Permissions to view SLA

We have some managers that would like to be able to view reporting based on Breached SLA items.  I have a manager group that I've added the managers to, and I've created a breached SLA filter like below and shared it with manager group:

"Resolution Target - SLA" = breached() AND resolved >= -60d

If someone in manager group attempts to run the query they get an error:

"You must be an agent to use the SLA JQL functions."

I would rather not add Managers to the agent group, as I don't want them to accidently update tickets as an agent etc.  Is it possible to give members of the manager group access to run SLA JQL functions for reports etc without giving them full agent level access?  We are running JIRA Version: 6.3.10 with the Service Desk plugin.

3 answers

Have you tried to save this query by an agent as a filter and subscribe the managers to it? 

I guess that JIRA will check this too, but if not, it may work then.

We have the same type of scenario.  Management needs to see the SLA reporting but we do not want them to have access to advance the ticket in any way.  Have you found a solution that will allow this?

Thanks in advance.

I was informed by Atlassian support that anyone who wants access to SLA reports must be granted agent access, which was disappointing honestly.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

628 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you