Jira Automation Plugin adding duplicate comments

Matt Moody October 20, 2015

I am using the JIRA Automation Plugin to automatically transition an issue after a period of time.  I am using the JQL Filter trigger which is working well and then on the transition I am setting two Transition fields.  One is a customer field and the other is the comment.  I must do it in the transition fields instead of as a separate action because the workflow has a validator to look for the custom field and the comment.  Here is my info in the transistion fields

comment=Auto closure of this issue since it was in Pending Approval for 6 months.
customfield_11393=14402

The transition works but when I look at the issue it now has two identical comments in it instead of just one.  For some reason it is adding the comment twice.  

Any help in resolving this would be much appreciated.  

5 answers

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2016

It looks like you can do this in two steps to prevent the double comments:

1. Use a comment issue action 
  2. Use the transition action

If you do the transition first the comment still gets doubled. This still does not send the right mail (transition with comment) but at least it does not spam the issues...

0 votes
Matt Moody May 19, 2016

This issue is still not resolved for us.  I ended up disabling the rule so it doesn't run.

0 votes
Tigran Łaczinian May 19, 2016

We also noticed that issue in our installation. Is it an error in configuration on our side or some bug in the plugin code? If the former, what we need to do to fix it?

0 votes
Julius Roberts April 26, 2016

yeah, same issue here.

TPAC Jira Robot resolved HELP-237 - Spam me some more please

Hi there, it seems we've been waiting awhile to hear back from you. We're assuming you no longer need assistance with this issue and so it's been resolved automatically. If not, no worries  please feel free to reply and the issue will be reopened.

Read more
11 minutes ago
TPAC Jira Robot commented on HELP-237 - Spam me some more please

Hi there, it seems we've been waiting awhile to hear back from you. We're assuming you no longer need assistance with this issue and so it's been resolved automatically. If not, no worries  please feel free to reply and the issue will be reopened.

0 votes
Patrice Foerster January 24, 2016

I am also interested in the cause of this. Also experienced this behaviour.

Suggest an answer