If I understand this right, there was a bug in Lucene that was fixed recently, and may result in the wildcard dropping from the query. The page lists a workaround.
I want to use an Advanced Search such as the following: text ~ "filename_*.h"
I expect this to find any issues that mention the source files: filename_1.h, filename_2.h, filename_3.h, etc. However, this is not working. I can change the * to a 1, 2, or 3 and find issues, but any variation of the wild-card version I've tried does not return any results.
Any ideas why this doesn't work?
I'm encountering the same problem. Did something recently break? What version of JIRA are you using? (I'm running JIRA 7.0.2)
UPDATE: I just noticed that my wildcard searches are only broken on hyphenated words. They work fine on words that have no hyphens. I wonder if the underscores in your words are what is causing your problem. I have submitted a bug report (https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/agent/GHS/issue/GHS-59251).
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs