Is there an easy way to add the same group of sub-tasks to a number of User Stories or even just one

Warren Minto August 10, 2018

We have a User Story template which has a number (9) of sub-tasks but the team has created the User Stories individually, not cloning the template. I would like to add the (9) sub-tasks to the User Stories they have created without doing it one sub-task at a time. Thanks, Warren.

2 answers

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2018

To create bulk of sub-tasks from UI quickly I generally use (and it's free)!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210972/quick-subtasks-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

If you want to create the sub-tasks every-time an story is created then you can also use the post-functions provided by Script Runner plugin.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2018

Without an plugin it's not possible to achieve what you want.

0 votes
Constance Hua (Private) August 10, 2018

I see no way to do it without a plugin...

You can use Scriptrunner for this and write a scripts which clones these specific sub-tasks to all issues in jql result.

Or you can search for another plugin which can bulk clone 

Suggest an answer