Is there a bi-directional sync solution between Jira / Jira SD instances?

Dimitar Dimitrov May 29, 2018

Hey guys,

General question here, but it seems like quite a gap. What are the current cross-instance sync options that exist between two JIRA / JSD instances?

The case that I have is - instance A holds all of the Agile projects, instance B holds the Service Desk functionalities. Of course, at some point I want to be able to sync between the two, so let's say I want to open a Story in instance A from a related Incident in B. And update bi-directionaly fields and statuses and comments, etc.

How do you guys achieve that?

4 answers

4 votes
Stefaan Quackels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2018

Hi @Dimitar Dimitrov,

We're the developer of the Exalate Jira Issue Sync app.

What you're describing is a pretty common use case for our app.

You'll be able to synchronize any issue data of one of your instances over to the other instance.

This will happen in real-time. That way, you'll always be in the loop on progress status, comments, attachments (and even work-logs or change history)!

You'll be able to easily customize exactly what you'd like to sync and who you'd like to sync it with.

Like the following example:

Support tools (1) copy.pngIf you want, I can show you exactly how it would work for your use case through a one-on-one demo. You can book one here: Book A Demo.

Or just contact me directly at stefaan@idalko.com!

Does this answer your question?

Matthew Mallard August 27, 2020

Does this add-on support two systems that have an air-gap between them? In our case, we have two Jira instances that are unable to be connected via a network connection.

We previously were using ClearCase/ClearQuest multi-site which allowed us to transfer sync packets between the two different networks.

0 votes
Stefaan Quackels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2018

@Dimitar Dimitrov Great! As I said, you can contact me directly if you have any questions (stefaan@idalko.com). Or just start a live conversation through our chat tool on any page of the website or docs should you bump into any issues at all.

Cheers,

Stefaan

0 votes
Dimitar Dimitrov May 30, 2018

Guys, thanks for the quick replies. I will give a look at both solutions and then possibly reach out for a demo. Thanks again, you'll hear again from me on the topic.

0 votes
Deleted user May 29, 2018

Hi Dimitar,

there are multiple add-ons available which achieve what you want to do. Just take a look at the marketplace and search for "issue sync".

I am part of the team behind one of these add-ons, called Backbone Issue Sync for JIRA.

Backbone allows you to set up a sync between multiple Jira projects, even across different Jira instances. By doing so, you can collaborate across departmental and B2B borders, but still each party will work in their own Jira instance.

With Backbone, you can sync different fields, comments, attachments and even the issue status between those issues. You can also configure the sync direction for each of those settings.

You can test it for free using a 30-day evaluation license in the Atlassian Marketplace. If there are any questions during the evaluation, please feel free to get in touch with our K15t Software Support Team, we'll be happy to help smile

Cheers,
Sebastian

Matthew Mallard August 27, 2020

Same question as I asked above:

Are there any syncing tools you are aware of that support the syncing of two air-gap systems? For example, we were previously using ClearCase/ClearQuest multi-site which allowed the download of sync packets.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events