Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to setup issue field 'layout' schemes like screen schemes? Edited

As it stands I seem to have to add fields to the layout for each project I create because Jira doesn't include those I want from the screen scheme I've assigned to it.

(And why for me would 'story points' appear when that field isn't in the screen that the layout is derived from?)

1 answer

0 votes

Hello,

Field layout has nothing to do with visibility. In screens you set fields, which must be visible. In a field layout you define some options for field like required, hidden, renderer. In field layouts all fields are present.

Or you are on Jira Cloud and you mean Issue Layout?

I am on jira cloud yes - and it's the issue layout I'm referring to.

Hi. 

Was there a solution to this question? I'm struggling at the same point.

I would like to have the same issue layout in every newly created project, but I don't know how to do it.

Best
Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,919 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you