How to remove value in project specific field in each project ?

Deleted user February 26, 2017

I would like to clean some values in project specific custom fields. Please advice.

For example I would like to remove some value in picture below How can I do that ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2017

If you want to keep the option, then search for issues where the option has been used, and run a bulk-edit to clear the value out of the issues it is on.

If you don't need it any more, go to admin -> issues -> custom fields -> your custom field, and retire or delete the value in the list.

Deleted user February 27, 2017

Thank you for you answer. However I don't want to remove option in issue because there is no option that I want to delete in issue.

I want to delete some option list in project specific like picture below. I can't find button to delete option in option list I found disable button only Could you please advice?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2017

I am sorry, I don't understand that comment at all.  It is not clear on what you are trying to remove (and there's no pictures attached)

Deleted user February 27, 2017

Sorry for my explanation unclear. I mean I would like to remove some option in project specific custom fields. For example I have a project specific custom fields called "Root Cause Category" and have 5 option in option list of this field (option1 , option2 , option3 , option4 , option5 ) I want to remove option 2 and option 3. 

I'm not sure can you see picture below. Could you please advice ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2017

Still no picture.

Can you explain if you are trying to remove the data from the issues, or fully remove the option from the system?

Deleted user February 28, 2017

can you see picture below. Could you please advice ?

Root Cause Category.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2017

Ah, that's the "invisible menu" design fault in JIRA admin.  Hover the cursor over the right hand side of each line, you should see a new menu appear, which includes enable/disable, edit and delete.

Deleted user March 2, 2017

I can see enable/disable only I don't see option to edit and delete. I use version 2.4.1 please advice ?

Capture1.JPG

Thanks and Regards,

Phattaraphorn.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2017

Ah, hang on, that's not a standard custom field.

It's being provided by some add-on, you'll need to get the authors of that add-on to implement a delete.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events