How to import custom fields in jira cloud

Aditiya Nugraha February 19, 2018

Hi..

i have create an custom fields in custom field sections.. then when i create gantt chart my custom field is not visible. I tried to search in google that after we create an custom field we have to import that custom field into jira..

now i cannot find how to import that custom field into jira, please help me

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Aditiya

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

Hi,

After custom fields are selected and imported you could try searching for them in "Measures" dimension or under custom field dimensions if you selected to import them as additional dimensions.

Please find more information on the eazyBI documentation page:

https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/JIRA+Issues+Import#JiraIssuesImport-JiraCustomFields

Usually, a Gantt chart expects at least two date type of measures to draw the bars in the chart. If your custom fields are numerical, this can be selected as additional columns in your Gantt chart.

See example here: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/78203-issue-gant-chart

Best regards,

Martins / eazyBI team

Aditiya Nugraha February 22, 2018

thank you, the problem has solved

1 vote
Answer accepted
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2018

assign the custom field to the edit/view screen for your issue.>custom Fields>edit screens>

See Gantt chart, if using eazybi.

Aditiya Nugraha February 20, 2018

we already do that, but it still not visible in my dashboard

fyi : i use eazyBI for the dashboard

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2018

may I see a screenshot of the dashboard (where you expect the field to show up)?

Aditiya Nugraha February 22, 2018

thank you, the problem has solved

Suggest an answer