How to export the ordered backlog

KBS September 1, 2017

My PO orders the issues/stories and bugs in the backlog.  When I export, it does not maintain the order.  How do I export the backlog to excel and maintain the order in the backlog my team focuses on the highest priority items?

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2017

Ken,

What order are you using? Rank, priority, key, date?

Are you exporting from a filter?

If you create a filter and set the same order, when you do the export the order should be maintained

KBS September 5, 2017

My PO has ordered the stories manually.  It's done by dragging higher priority item to the top of the list in the backlog list. 

When I view in issue navigator - the order is gone.  Thus, when I export - I am not exporting the items in the order of priority based on the PO's input. 

Perhaps I am asking the wrong question. Is there a better way to order the backlog then just dragging the higher priority items to the top in the backlog view? 

Si Pham May 23, 2018

ORDER BY Rank ASC

And you'll get the exported issues in the same drag n drop order as the backlog list

Deleted user February 19, 2019

Hmm, that doesn't seem to do the trick in my project.

I added a new ticket and dragged it to the Sprint 2 of 3. However, if I sort by Rank ASC, the new ticket is at the bottom, while it should (in my opinion) be above the tickets of sprint 3.

Suggest an answer