How to create Kanban board from scratch

Vamsi December 15, 2016

Is there any  possible way to create a new Kanban board, from scratch.  Appears my only option is to create board from a project or filter.So, without taking project/filter can we create Kanboard board?

2 answers

1 vote
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2016

These are only 2 options and as result you will be able to add issues from the selected project or satisfying the provided JQL. I do not understand why would you want to create a board without any issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2016

Same here, a board with "nothing" is pointless.  You're going to end up defining a filter (like a saved one, or project = X) as pretty much the first step you take after creation, as the board is utterly useless without it.

0 votes
Hansen Peter December 15, 2016

Hi Volodymyr

I would also like to create a board w/o issues, since I'm setting up all boards before 1st sprint begins, just to show the boards to members of the project management.

BW Peter B Hansen

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2016

You can create a filter that returns nothing: "Sprint 1 filter", JQL: summary ~ "__future_sprint". Later you change the filter to pick the appropriate issues.

Suggest an answer