How to copy a permission scheme?

Jim Hackney April 7, 2016

I am attempting to create my own permissions scheme. The directions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/_create-a-new-permission-scheme-379453601.html

state: "Copy the Default Permission Scheme, then edit the copied scheme and change the name"

Since those instructions do not give directions on how to copy the scheme, I attempted to follow the directions found here: 

How to copy a permission scheme in Jira 6?

but they don't work. I do not have a Misc. Schemes > Permission Schemes option. All I can do is edit the default permissions or use another scheme. I do not want to do either of these things. I want to create my own scheme. Please advise.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2016

hi,

have you been able to reach the permission schemes admin page or are you editing the default permission scheme from the project? did you try pushing gg buttons (to search as admin), write permission scheme and click on the link? or click on cog button on the upper right and click on issues and find out the permission schemes admin page?

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2016

The fast method is to access the Administration Quick Menu and type Permission Schemes.

1. Press G+G to open the Quick Menu
  2. Type in Permissions Schemes
    image2016-4-7 9_55_22.png
  3. Press Enter

Otherwise you can navigate through the menus.

1. Click the Administration Menu, and enter Issues Administration
    image2016-4-7 9_51_18.png
  2. Clicking Permission Schemes will bring you to Permissions Schemes Administration
    image2016-4-7 9_52_46.png
  3. You can find the copy action here – 
    image2016-4-7 9_53_40.png

updated to re-embed images

Thank you. I see where I was going wrong. 

0 votes

No I just followed the directions from the link I provided. Permission schemes admin page. OK. Got it. I see the option to copy now. Outstanding. Thank you!

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2016

happy to help smile

Suggest an answer