How to I find out valid values for the Resolution field?

John Gooch October 12, 2017

First, I am not an Jira admin, just an end user in my Company. 

I'm writing a Jquery and want to discover which values are set up for the Resolution field.  They are probably the default, but my Google searches haven't turned up the default / out of the box values for this field. 

2 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2017

If you create a search with the resolution the JQL help will show you available values for the field

resolution.png

The other option is to ask your JIRA admin to give the list of available Resolution values.

John Gooch October 21, 2017

Thanks, I'll try that! 

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2017

A bit stupid, but effective and not to use on a regular basis: create a JQL search like Resolution != Unresolved. It will return all the issues you have access to with a resolution filled out. Save it and call it something like 'All resolved issues'.

On a dashboard add a Pie Chart gadget, base it on your JQL filter and choose Resolution as your statistic. It will show you a pie chart with all resolutions.

Or you could just ask your Administrator ;-)

John Gooch October 21, 2017

If I only know who the Admin(s) were. I was given a login when I started and tickets go through a central NOC, so I never  interact with the Jira admins. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events