• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How put custom text field inside description panel Edited

Hello

I want to put the custom text field from the detail panel into the description panel, below the description field. Not in the description field, I want 2 separate field

I'm on Jira 8.5.7 server

2020-11-17_12h56_40.png

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Nov 17, 2020

Hi @cendre  - You can do that with an Automation For Jira rule. You should even be able to do it with the Free Lite version. But you will need to get that add-on. 

Hello John

Their is no option to do that without any plugin ?

Do you mean this plugin ? https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215460/automation-for-jira-server?hosting=server&tab=support

Thank for your answer John

I already have this plugin, but I can't modify the layout of the issue viewing with this one.

I can c/p the text, but I want a new block below the description block

John Funk Community Leader Nov 17, 2020

Sorry, I misunderstood. You should be able to change the order of fields by editing the screen. Go to Settings > Issues > Screens

Search for the screen you want to change, and click Configure. 

Hello

Thank again for your answer

With this method, I only can change the order into the "edit view". And it's work

2020-11-18_11h04_23.png

But in view issue, the custom field "besoin fonctionnel" is in the "details" panel, and not in the "description" panel2020-11-18_11h05_21.png 

John Funk Community Leader Nov 18, 2020

Can you share a screenshot of the settings page where  you have dragged it below the Description field? Something like:

screenshot.png

Hello

Please find the request screen

2020-11-18_15h09_30.png

John Funk Community Leader Nov 19, 2020

That's really weird. Since the Old Jira Issue View is going away, you might want to concentrate on making the change in the New Jira Issue View. 

Hello John

I don't think I have migrate on the new Jira Issue View. I'm still on Jira server, migration on cloud is for 2022

Can I activate new Jira Issue View on server instance ? If yes, how can I do that ?

Thank a lot

John Funk Community Leader Nov 23, 2020

Ah sorry about that. I don’t think the new Jira issue view is coming to Server version.

You should open a Support Ticket with Atlassian.

Like cendre likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

4,243 views 12 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you