How do I edit issue type in the latest New Issue view in jira?

Ian Arrowsmith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 31, 2018

How do I edit issue type in the latest New Issue view in jira?

In the new view "issue type" doesn't have the edit facility 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2018

Hi Ian

I'm assuming it's the same as in Software. Click on the 3 dots, click on Move, then you can change the type via the wizard. It's not intuitive at all, but gets the job done

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2018

Indeed, here's the related feature request: Add the ability to switch issue types on the new issue view

Like Mark Hostetler likes this
Ian Arrowsmith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 31, 2018

Thanks

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2018

Pleasure. My manager has just asked me the exact same question ;-)

Gil Carranza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 4, 2018

I am used to just clicking on Issue Type and Selecting from the Drop Down, why is this no longer an option?

I set up my workflows and Screen Schemes so I could do this now its gone?

3 votes
Thomas Wrobel October 9, 2018

Congratulations to the Jira team. You are making the software more and more unintuitive and unusable. I would recommend that you launch a new feature when it is at least as good as it was before. First the links between Confluence and Jira are lost and now this. This is not agile, this is making the user your guinea pig, but we have work to do and cannot search through the forums all the time to find out what is missing, what is working and where you hid a certain feature now. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events