3 answers

6 votes

Phill, would this work for you?

• top menu "Boards > View all boards"
  • find your board
  • click on a triple dot far right button on the row of your board
  • Delete

Clem

This option does not show. I'm an admin, have created the project and the board. Thanks.

Does not show for me either.

The new interface seems to have removed it and I am not finding any other way to get to the list of boards.

No "Delete" menu item either :-(

No delete either here

Click search, go to Recent Boards, View All Boards (https://YOURURL.atlassian.net/secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa).  In the list, select the three dots at the far right and delete.  

Took a lot of searching to find out how to do this.  Not sure why it's not available from board settings.

Hi Daniela

From the Agile menu option select Manage Dashboards and there you can delete, configure and copy any dashboards that you have administrative permissions for. Look for the ... at the end of the row for the available actions.

Hope this helps.

Phill

Phil, how would you delete a board (not a dashboard)? I have a Kanban-Backlog board that I no longer need. I have moved the cards elsewhere.

I cannot open the link above.

However, in my Software project, there is no trace of Agile menu, or Manage Dashboard. When looking at a kanban board, I have the ... menu on the right and the only menu item with "board" in it, is "Board Settings".

In my Business project, when looking at a kanban board, I don't even have the ... menu.

Maybe is a subscription related issue? or a project type issue?

I have experienced the same issue - the menu is only visible in 'Software Projects'  Also, if you choose a 'Business Project', you will also lose the 'Pages' link on the left of the JIRA project, which allows you to create a Confluence space, and then link Confluence pages to your JIRA project easily.  

Left menu - Search - View all boards - type the name of the board that you want to delete, and to the right you'll see "..." menu with "edit settings/ copy/ move/ delete" board (admin user).

Thanks @Diana Capraru that worked for me

Thank you! They really like to push the boundaries of UX, a lens icon that contains a list menu, it might help to have the Delete a little closer to the board is meant to delete. 

@Diana CapraruThat did it!  Thanks!!

Project ---  Board List --- > view all Boards --- > Delete !

Image 8.png

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

290 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you