How can i create and update records in a single CSV import

Hi All

I have say 20 records to import in my CSV. Out of these 20, 15 records already exists and 5 are new to be created in JIRA.

Is it possible to do the update/create of all 20 records in a single CSV import?

Rahul

2 answers

0 votes
Sam Hall Community Champion Nov 15, 2016

Hi Rahul,

It is possible, but you must import your CSV using the 'External System Import' function (which is on the 'System' page within JIRA Administration).

Set up a CSV with a 'Key' column to which has the issue keys of the records you want to update. Leave this column empty where you want to create new issues. So a simple example would be:

Key,Summary
WORK-10,Update
,New Issue
,Another Issue

When you get to the 'Map Fields' step in the import wizard, map your Key column to 'Issue Key'. JIRA will use this to work out which issues to update:

issue-key-mapping-csv-import.jpg

I hope this helps.

Sam

I keep getting an error importing issue with my summary column when trying to update. It was created ok originally, so not sure what the issue is.  Anyone coming across this?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

142 views 7 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you