How can I integrate JIRA with Office 365

Dileep Reddy November 15, 2018

I would like to the users of Office 365 for JIRA. Is that possible? if so, can someone explain the steps. 

3 answers

1 vote
Henrique Bittencourt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2018

Hi Dileep!

I assume you're talking about integrating the Azure Active Directory with Jira Server, I'm right?

You can take a look at the following article on how to achieve it:

If we misunderstood the topic, can you please explain a little bit more on what you're trying to achieve?

Best Regards.

Jeevan Desarda April 27, 2020

This is our FREE plugin. You dont have to buy anything here.

Also this is supported officially by Microsoft. I am a PM on the Microsoft side managing this plugin. 

Thanks,

Jeevan Desarda

Like # people like this
Ben Moore January 22, 2021

Does this work with the cloud version of Jira Service Desk?

Like Deleted user likes this
0 votes
tansgra January 21, 2020

Hi

I found this discussion while looking for a way to browse my documents in 365’s cloud directly from a Jira (server) ticket, in order to attach it to that ticket.

I’ll keep googling :) 

Jeevan Desarda April 27, 2020

You can use our plugin here to solve this. Once you enable SSO with Azure AD, everything should work seamlessly as you expected.

Tutorial: Azure Active Directory integration with JIRA SAML SSO by Microsoft

This is our FREE plugin. You dont have to buy anything here.

Also this is supported officially by Microsoft. I am a PM on the Microsoft side managing this plugin. 

Thanks,

Jeevan Desarda

0 votes
Jon Espen Ingvaldsen Kantega SSO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2018

Hi Dileep.

As @Henrique Bittencourt mentions, you can use SAML to get Office365 / AzureAD login to Jira. There exist also cloud user provisioning tools helping you get Office365 / AzureAD as a synchronized user repository in Jira.

We at Kantega SSO are one of the marketplace vendors with add-ons and guides for such an integration. Our AzureAD / Office365 guides show you how to:

Have a nice weekend!

-Jon Espen

Suggest an answer