How can I create a project plan on a Jira board?

Deleted user February 28, 2018

I have used Confluence to create project plans but have been requested to create future ones on Jira. I have generated charts but cannot enter the text necessary to a plan. Any ideas? I'd greatly appreciate help.  Thank you, Anne

5 answers

5 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

Everything good Anne?

Deleted user March 11, 2018

Yes, thank you. I have requested permission to buy Project Team for JIRA and Project Health. Those would be helpful and don't cost too much. I greatly appreciate all your assistance. Anne

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2018

My pleasure :)

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2018

@[deleted]if you think my help was useful please accept the answer.

Deleted user March 21, 2018

How do I accept the answer? Thank you.

Deleted user March 21, 2018

Please ignore that question. I just realized I have to click the check mark. Thank you again.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2018

Thank you so much you did more than what I asked for! You made my day!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2018

If costs are not going to be an issue Anne then I will suggest you to click here and familiarize yourself with JIRA Portfolio as you can achieve a lot with it especially what you asked me about this morning. If you need any additional documentation please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2018

Hi Anne,

What Macro are you using in Confluence for your project plans? so that I can help more.

Deleted user March 6, 2018

Hi Fadoua,

Thank you for your response. First I will explain that I have Confluence Version 5.9.11 and Jira 7.3.8 and cannot pay for an add-on or utilize a free trial. 

I created a new Confluence page for the project plan, which starts with a descriptive summary of the project along with a table of project team members.  I included links to Jira issues that I created with the Jira issue/filter. 

There is a static roadmap using the Roadmap Planner. However, I am currently trying to create a "live" bar chart type of roadmap that links to the Jira issues and shows the progress each issue his making toward its due date. I am having trouble creating this chart with the correct parameters. I am utilizing a table of data inside the "Chart" macro, which I found under "Visuals & Images".  

I also included pie charts that I created with the free "Pie Chart" gadget in Jira because I find the Jira gadget superior to the "Jira Charts" macro available in Confluence. 

My Jira dashboard has some of the same information as the Confluence plan, such as the pie charts and tables based on issue filters. I hope to include the summary and a list of team members on the dashboard as well as have the capability to insert items without being restricted to a free Jira gadget.

If you have any further questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Anne :-)

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2018

I promise to read your reply carefully and get back to you with anything that may help. However I did notice that you don't want any plugins and I do understand.

Thank you very much for being so responsive and for understanding. :-) I apologize for asking for so much. I greatly appreciate your are taking the time and effort to assist me.  Anne

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2018

My pleasure Anne! Can you please if not asking too much tell me what plugins you have in JIRA?

0 votes
Answer accepted

I don't know whether this makes a difference, but I just tried to update the Excel Connector and received a message that the free trial has expired.

Thank you,

Anne

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2018

That means you will have to pay for it if it is not a free add-on. Are you new to JIRA?

Yes.

0 votes
Answer accepted

No trouble at all! I am glad for your help! :-) Here is the list of add-ons and plug-ins:

Excel Connector for Jira

Issue Templates for Jira - Gold

Quick TimeSheet

Atlassian Chaperone, Client Resource,  Instance Health plug-in, JWT plug-in, Pocketknife API Commons Plug-in, and Universal Plug-in Manager.

Bob Swift - Jira CLI Connector

doitBetter Calendar

Working Hours plug-in

Jira email processor

Jira xi (free trial)

Microsoft Teams Jira connector (free trial)

PlanChart2D Free

Portfolio for Jira

Portfolio Live Plans

Portfolio Team Management

PSMQ plug-in

QueryDSL provider plug-in

Support Tools plug-in

Subscriptions for Jia

TestRail for Jira Test Management

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2018

Thanks Anne! I can tell you that after a quick glance to your plugins list I can see JIRA portfolio, a lot can be done with it. Let me go over all your information and will get back to you.

That is good news. I had added it a couple of weeks ago, in case I could use it. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events