How can I allow a user to view an issue only when added as watcher?

Andrea C March 22, 2016

I have several projects where the user access to whole project is restricted. I want to option that when I add a user as a watcher, he will be able to view the issue.

I found an add-on called Watcher Field where there's an option that "Allow users to be added as watchers regardless of Browse Issue permissions", so I thought that it will solve the problem of the permissions to not view the project.

The result is that I can add the user as watcher, but when I log in as a user I can't actually see the issue.

Is there something I'm missing or maybe another solution?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2016

Hi Andrea,

you can always create a security scheme. Go to  Issue Security section inside your project. Create there new Security Level and there select that only watcher can see issue. It will be possible that you need to create a new role for this. Let me know about progress.

Andrea C March 22, 2016

Hi Michal,

That's what I tried too. So I created an Issue Security Scheme, I added an Issue Security Level but I can't see an option to assign it to watchers. Under custom Filed Value I have Watcher, which I imagine it was created by the add-on that I installed.

jira-watchers.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events