Gantt Chart Plugin

Hello does anybody here have larger experience with using the Gant Chartt Plugin for Project plans ?

5 answers

As far as Gantt charts go, BigGantt (the highest-rated plugin for Gantt charts on Atlassian Marketplace) is very good for project plans and I could help you set it up.

I love to recommend also BigPicture. It seems to be an enhanced version of the BigGantt.

ahh but is there also a normal Gantt Chart, where can I see which Gantt Chart Plugin i do have...

Yes, BigGantt does have normal Gantt charts (as in, it's not only for project planning). You can check which plugins you are running in JIRA Administration->Manage Add Ons.

please check comentar below

ok there i see that we use JIRA Gantt-Chart Plugin....is it that ?

That's a different Gantt chart plugin. Nothing wrong with that, you may even use multiple ones at the same time if so you wish. Should you ever grab BigGantt, I'd be happy to help you.

uuhhhh do you think functions maybe are similar..because my question is 1) is it better to create an own Issue Type for Milestones ? 2) i create Issue Type Milestones- they appear on screen - but get sorted over timeline not by time but by Issue Key..i attach Screen Shot...how can i sort them by time ?

Unfortunately this particular plugin is not in my area of expertise. You might wany to edit the first post to include the plugin's name in the tags (so the experts of it are notified of your question).

ok thanks no problem...but may i ask you a general question. We do actually have to provide a Milstone Plan to the customer, but there must appear also Customer Milestones that are not directly relevant to our Plan/Project because they are 3rd party Milestones. We discuss internally if it is a problem to make this with Jira or create an extra Milestoneplan for customer in Excel. Since we do not want to overload Jira with Milestones that are not directly relevant to our development. Do you have an opinion about that out of your Jira experience ?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,483 views 21 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you