Email Notification between parent issue and sub-task issue

Hisamitsu Koga November 7, 2016

Email Notification is related between parent issue and sub-task issue? If sub-task issue is updated, email notification can be always sent to individual person such as Reporter, Assignee, Watcher etc. on People section

in parent issue automatically? Or, parent issue and sub-task issue have a different issue# each other, so email

notification isn't related directly between parent issue and sub-task issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 8, 2016

Hi,

By default, JIRA handles the issues and their subtasks as individual entities with a lifecycle independent of each other.

This includes event notifications. When a subtask changes, notifications are not sent to parties interested in the parent issue.

However, there is an addon that can notify you when a subtask or a linked issue changes. It is called Bug watcher notifications, the documentation refers to the related functionality as indirect notifications.

Regards,

Tibor

0 votes
Alexander Pampushko November 7, 2016

Parent issue and sub-task issue is different issue.
And email notifications of these issues is different.
I use post-function for "create issue" transition.
This post-function adds watchers from parent issue to child issues.

Kian Pariwar November 18, 2016

Hi Alex,

I like the idea but is it a basic JIRA Cloud feature or do I need add ons for it?

I did not find the option in JIRA Workflow to add a watcher, I only found the options for adding an Assignee.

Regards

Kian

Suggest an answer