Does Jira support budgeting?

We are looking for a project management tool that provides for accompanying our issues with planned and actual budget. And we want to get reports on how good we performed in regard to time and budget.

We also want to have an initial workflow for the controlling department to evaluate and acknowledge/reject launching to develop on an issue.

Moreover, we have branches around the globe and we might want to have separate tenants.

Is this all possible with Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Danny Zuccaro Community Champion Mar 03, 2016

I believe what your looking to do is supported by Portfolio. Here is a link to an overview - Portfolio. Otherwise there are add ons that manage budgets - Tempo comes to mind. 

Portfolio handles resourcing and planning but not quite the money behind them.

Tempo Books is probably closer to a budgetary tool, as it lets you put monetary costs on resources.

Thanks to both of you for your brilliant help! I'll have a look at Tempo Books then.

Hi, what tool are you using today for manage the budget? Thanks.

Also interested in this discussion?  Any success with Tempo Books?  Tried Portfolio - didn't really see anything in there for budget tracking... TIA

Tempo was a waste of time and resources...we are actively looking for a budget management solution now 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Statuspage

What are your best incident management tips and stories? #HugOps

👋Community members! Downtime happens. And great incident response takes a village. Teams like Support, Dev, SRE, Ops, IT, and Marketing have to come together to resolve the problem while keep...

60 views 2 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you