Does Jira support budgeting?

We are looking for a project management tool that provides for accompanying our issues with planned and actual budget. And we want to get reports on how good we performed in regard to time and budget.

We also want to have an initial workflow for the controlling department to evaluate and acknowledge/reject launching to develop on an issue.

Moreover, we have branches around the globe and we might want to have separate tenants.

Is this all possible with Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Danny Zuccaro Community Champion Mar 03, 2016

I believe what your looking to do is supported by Portfolio. Here is a link to an overview - Portfolio. Otherwise there are add ons that manage budgets - Tempo comes to mind. 

Portfolio handles resourcing and planning but not quite the money behind them.

Tempo Books is probably closer to a budgetary tool, as it lets you put monetary costs on resources.

Thanks to both of you for your brilliant help! I'll have a look at Tempo Books then.

Hi, what tool are you using today for manage the budget? Thanks.

Also interested in this discussion?  Any success with Tempo Books?  Tried Portfolio - didn't really see anything in there for budget tracking... TIA

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

30 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot