Do not allow moving an issue to a certain project

Deleted user November 23, 2020

Hi Team,

Is there a way I can unable moving an issue from one project to a specific project?

I have a project called 'inbox' and generally I would like to allow members to move issues from this project however I have a specific project to where I would like to ban this option. Is there a way to restrict the move option to a specific project?

Thanks a lot!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

Hi, as far as I can tell, that's not a possibility. In order to move an issue the user must have move permissions on the origin project and browse and create on the destination one. And that's the only thing you can play with since the move operation isn't a transition, therefore you can't make use of conditions and validators to avoid users moving issues to the other project

Thank you, I was afraid to hear that. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

Hi @[deleted]  - if you change the permissions for the project so that only you have Browse Project, then no one else can see the project.

Or you can just change the Create Issue permissions just for you 

Thanks a lot John. Unfortunately both projects are used by all Jira members. The only think we need to restrict is to move issues between the projects as they have different workflows and information is keep getting lost. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events