Custom date field automatically putting in today's date...can't delete

I added two custom fields to one of our field configurations: Start Date and Completed Date (both date pickers). When I edit an issue, those fields are automatically populated with today's date so when I click the Update button, those fields get populated, they get set. Even if I try deleting the values, they get reset. Going to the history of the issue, I can see it shows that I removed the values and then immediately those values are set again.

I double checked the configuration of these fields and verified there isn't a default value set and the "Use the current date as the default" checkbox is unchecked? Any ideas as to why this happening?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Aleksandr Zuevich Community Champion Jan 04, 2017

Hi Chris,

Could you double check you have the next configuration:

image2017-1-5 12:3:20.png

Yeah, I double-checked this and it was all clear. I ended up just removing the fields and creating new ones...all is good now.

Hi, I got the same problem.

Do you know if there is any other way to solve this or am I required to create new fields in order to solve this?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

72 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you