Create a project that shares its configuration - Backlog and Active sprints not Visible whe

Charan Yalala December 9, 2017

Hello 

I have created a project with shared configuration with other project.

I have followed the below steps

o create a project with a shared configuration:

1. Select Jira home > Projects.
  2. Select Create project.
  3. Give your project a name.
  4. Under Project template, select Change.
  5. Choose Create with shared configuration and click Select.
  6. Under Create project with shared configuration, select the project from which you want your new project to share its configuration.
  7. Select Create.

Once, I have created a new project A using the configuration of the project B (Scrum), It was able to configure all the details of project B,

BUT

In Project A, The backlog and Active sprints is not visible. Please help us for the resolution.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2017

" Create with shared configuration" refers to sharing plain Jira schemes, not creating Software boards.  You'll need to add the Scrum board manually.

Charan Yalala December 11, 2017

Thanks for update, Can you please let me know how to add the Scrum board manually once plain Jira schemes are created after you create a project with "Create with shared configuration"

My whole Idea of using Create project using "Create with shared configuration" is all project layout should look same and I don't have to spend much time configuring each project everytime.

Deleted user January 23, 2018

Hi Charan,

I have the same problem - no apparent option to create a new board when the project has been created using a shared configuration. Have you found a resolution since you raised this question?

Deleted user January 23, 2018

I should add that this is a problem with JIRA Cloud only. I can create a new board from the Board menu item in JIRA Server.

0 votes
Bonnie_Cresswell June 12, 2018

I want to do the same (i.e. create a project with everything the same as an existing project) and saw the same issue.  I was able to find how to create a new board for an existing project in Jira Cloud - if you click on the Search icon (the magnifying glass) in the left hand side bar, then scroll down you will see "Recent Boards" and you might have some listed, then below your Recent Boards you see an "All Boards" option.  Click on that and you will then see a list of all of your Boards.  There "Create Board" button at the top right.

I now have a slightly different issue - the board doesn't pick up the custom statuses from my workflow.... I'm going to log that separately...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events