inherit field value from Epic to Task

Ivan Levtetov April 30, 2018

Hi guys,

Our structure is made in a was that we group Tasks (not stories) into Epics. I need to inherit a value of a field from the Epic to the task.
Currently I use a Post Function "Copy field value from parent issue " upon creation of the task in the workflow of the task.
However it works perfectly well only for the task -> sub-task relation.

Do you know how I can make it work for Epic -> task relation?

Also is it possible to go even deeper to work for Epic -> task -> sub-task relation? I guess it should not be a problem.

2 answers

1 vote
Mario Sorrentino February 18, 2021

Hi everyone! Actually, I have the same needs of Ivan. Two years has passed from his initial question, something has changed or updated meanwhile? Is there any plug in that could be useful for this goal? Thanks a lot!

PS: @Ivan Levtetov have you solved some how? Thanks!

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2018

I think you would need a plugin for it like Power Scripts, ScriptRunner, Automation for Jira or something like this.

You can not make the "Copy field value from parent issue " post function work for Epic.

dana m July 30, 2018

I have a plugin to inherit fields from parent but it's not working between Epic and Task though I did connect them using an Epic Link on the Task's create page.

Adam Potter December 18, 2018

Has anyone validated that you can achieve the inheritance of a field value from epic to task behaviour using one of these plug-ins?

I'm just assessing which is the best tool to use and trial...?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events