error trying starting jira: Exception while waiting for database upgrade approval

Sergio _ September 27, 2022

Hi people. 

I'm trying to startup my jira instance on linux.
And I'm receiving this error

Exception while waiting for database upgrade approval

31.Wed Sep 21 11:34:23 CEST 2022, Startup 0000000 FAILED
com.softwareplant.system.manager.jiraserver.environment.db.PoolingForDatabaseUpgradeApprovalException: Exception while waiting for database upgrade approval
at com.softwareplant.system.manager.jiraserver.environment.db.JiraServerDatabaseUpgradeApprovalManager.waitUntilUserApprovesIfNecessary(JiraServerDatabaseUpgradeApprovalManager.java:56)

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

@Sergio _ What are you using as the database?   Have you tried restarting the server?  Does this error come up every time you try starting the instance?  Have you tried starting in safemode?  (It looks like an app is having issues so safemode might be the best way to start your instance)

Sergio _ September 27, 2022

Hi @Brant Schroeder 

I restarted. the server.

this have two jiras running in the same machine.

the database is oracle.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Are both running at the same time?  Are they running on separate ports? Does each instance run when the other is shut down?

Suggest an answer