Unable to create custom reports

Tanmai Potluri June 10, 2022

I am having hard time in creating custom reports, as I want to create chart based on Epic and Feature category.

I am seeing a bunch of default reports from the left bar of a project and still unable to create a custom one. The project is created as a company managed project and I am  Jira administrator as well as have admin privileges in project as well. 

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

1 answer

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 10, 2022

Hi @Tanmai Potluri

Wellcome to Atlassian Community!

You can try Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira app developed by our team to create various reports, charts and graphs for your Jira projects.

• You can create custom, flexible and colorful bar charts and table views for any data you want/need. As data source, you can choose Projects or Saved Filters or Advanced (JQL).
  • You can set X axis to be any parameter like Created(month), Assignee, Sprint, Fix Versions etc.
  • You can set Y axis to be any parameter like number of issues, sum of remaining estimates, average of story points etc.
  • You can group your data on any field(Sprint, Status, Assignee, Component, Project etc.) you want.
  • You can choose various date ranges like All Time, Last Year, Last 3 Months, Last 6 Months etc.
  • You can modify existing Segments or add new segments.
  • You can order the results by drag and drop.

Below you can see an article about creating custom reports, charts and graphs in Jira with our app.

How to Create Custom and Flexible Reports, Charts and Graphs in Jira

Here is our live demo dashboard where you can see and modify sample reports and play with them.

Hope it helps.

Sean Grant December 14, 2022

I also am not able to see where there is an option to create a custom report as stated in the online help here: Create a new custom report | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support

I do not see New Report. 

Suggest an answer