Sprint report for sprint - xx does not show burn down when issues are completed

Helen Ahlberg February 14, 2019

burndown report.pngwf.pngboard.png

2 answers

0 votes
Helen Ahlberg February 28, 2019

In the sprint report.png you can see that we have finished 496, 510, 554, 555, 584.
In table.png you can see that all of these are in the sprint from the sprintstart, this without any Event types has occured, except for 584 (this one has a scope change because its added in the sprint).
In table.png we expext to see a new row for every issue that's finished.
Even in burndown report.png You can see that the line does not drop/change even thought issues are finished.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2019

Hello,

Make sure that the Resolution field is not empty for the issues.

Helen Ahlberg February 15, 2019

In this sprint we have:

3 issues in To Do. Resolution unresolved. Story points combined = 10

5 issues in In Progress. Resolution unresolved. Story points combined = 12

7 issuses in Done (completed) and Resolution is set to Done. Story points combined = 8

What can we expect the burn down to show here?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2019

If 7 issues with the resolution done are in the most right column of your board, then you will have 8 story points burn down.

Well, as you can see in the above picture on the burndown - this is not showing this

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

It could be that you are adding issues after the sprint started and that is why the line does not go down.

OK - I will check with my user on that matter but she says that previous sprints has worked just fine and they have not done anything different on this one.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

You can open the Sprint report. There will be a table with all issues. You can see which issues were added after sprint. You can see which issues are considered completed.

sprint report.png

This is my sprint report - so what you are saying is that the 8 story point that have been completed will show progress in the first picture - but they do not.

It also seems like there where now issues added after the sprint had started...

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

There must be a table under the burn down chart, could you paste the screen shot here?

Screenshot 2019-02-15 at 13.36.50.png

OK - I found this and it seems like they have done some changes after all

But not that much...

table.png

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

I am not sure what is wrong. From your screenshots it should work

ok - any suggestions on how I should proceed this?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

I would need to have a look at your instance to get more ideas, but it is not possible. Maybe someone else will see the question and say something.

I unmarked this answer as accepted.

Helen Ahlberg February 17, 2019

OK - if no answer I can raise this as an Atlassian support ticket

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events