Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Sorting by status not working properly on a JQL Query

Hi,

I have a JIRA board where issues progress from In Review, Second Review, to Done. I also have a confluence table which shows all of these issues, with several columns including description and status.

I used JQL to sort this table "order by status ASC". This command is not working unfortunately. The issues are showing up in the order In review, Done, Second Review - instead of, In Review, Second Review, Done. Any idea why this could be happening? 

Thanks,

Ben 

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Dec 04, 2018

Benjamin,  

Unfortunately it is working correctly.  The sorting that is occurring is correct and has to do with how the statuses are ordered (sorted) within JIRA.  You will need to check the status order in JIRA and arrange it in the proper format in order to get it to display correctly in your JQL.  You can see the order and change it in JIRA by going to ADMIN (Gear in the upper right hand corner) > Issues > Statues.

@Brant Schroeder - thank-you this was helpful!

once we make the chances, it auto saves and updates?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

217 views 0 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you