Shortened URL links for JIRA issues?

wilson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 29, 2019

Is there a way to get a shortened URL generated from JIRA issues? I'm looking for something native to Atlassian/JIRA that would take up less room in a commit message.

Currently the format I see when copying from my browser after clicking directly on the issue is:
company.atlassian.net/browse/IssueXX

I've taken a look and when I copy a sharable link from the issue itself I get a much longer URL in the following format:

company.atlassian.net/browse/IssueXX?atlOrigin=HugeSTringOfChars2o3j12o3j12o3j12j3j90hcetyJFhg

Thanks for the help! 

3 answers

2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2019

Hello Wilson,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Currently, it's not possible to make the URL shorter on Jira. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability for filters, but if applied to filters, it should work also for other links:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-34645
Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Anusha Murthy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2023

URL shortner is a very useful feature for sharing filters outside of Jira. Otherwise we keep accumulating links without context and makes searching so difficult. 

0 votes
Gobalakrishnan Kuppanna May 8, 2023

Hi Jira team,

Do we have this implemented in recent version?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events