Quick filter with multiple options

Mark Korolik September 20, 2021

Hello everyone! 

I have a question according to quick filters. I have more than 40 epics in my project and I want to create a quick filter with the possibility of choosing a few options. 

It would be great if I am able to have a dropdown with checkboxes if it is possible. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Hi Mark - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Sorry but no, that is not possible. 

0 votes
Thayne Munson July 28, 2023

If you are using Jira Cloud Advanced Roadmaps and have added hierarchy levels above Epic, you can use the 'issuekey in portfoliochildissuesof("xxx-nn")' JQL statement to get all the Epics under it's parent.  It's a pretty slick JQL statement.  I use it all the time.  

Thayne Munson

Castro Anibal - S170657 September 29, 2023

will be possible to apply such a logic for filtering options from a cascade type field (aka "dependent dropdown" with a parent and child level)?

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Hi @Mark Korolik ,

The only project I can think of that this is done automatically, is with the team managed projects.teammanaged.png

Apart from that, you can't have what you want on a jira software/JSM project. Perhaps an app from the marketplace could do the trick, but tbh I don't have one to propose to you.

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2021

Hi, @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , it is Cloud feature.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2021

@Alexander Bondarev my bad! Didn't see the platform he was talking about :/

Mark Korolik September 22, 2021

I use the cloud version with team-managed projects but it doesn't change anything, unfortunately. Thanks a lot for your answers! I'll try with team-managed.

Suggest an answer