Problem with reports - information about the master task not available

Sławomir Dudek September 24, 2019

Periodically I collide the information contained in JIRA with our other systems. In order to do so, I need to download the data in the form of a csv file.
I have trouble with assigning tasks - structure and dependencies between them.

For example, I have created a task PP01-27, after some time I changed the dependency and associated it with the task PP01-3:;

Adnotacja 2019-09-24 131658.png

but in the report the tasks are not marked as related:

Adnotacja 2019-09-24 132054.png

This causes a problem with maintaining the structure. I did it in such a way that I pass the constraint in a manually filled field. However, it is quite easy to make a mistake here, it is easy to forget to change the information in the field after making a change.

Request for help in configuring a JIRA tool or JIRA report.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2019

Hello Slawomir,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

I understand that you are creating dependencies between your issues in JIRA and exporting it to a CSV file, however, if you change the dependency before exporting the CSV, that dependency is not properly being displayed in the CSV file. Is it correct?

Can you confirm if you are using the default JIRA link feature to link the issues? If you are not using it, can you let us know how you are linking the issues?

If you are talking about the default link of JIRA, we have a bug that causes the inward issue link to don't appear in the CSV export, however, the outward lin should appear just fine:

Export Excel CSV does not export the Inward issue link

Can you please check if this is the problem you are facing? If that's it, can you doublecheck if the link is not displaying in the column with the outward link you are using?

Please, feel free to give us further details of the problem if that's not what you are facing.

Sławomir Dudek September 27, 2019

Hi

Not exactly :)
I create Tasks from the places marked below (marked yellow)

Adnotacja 2019-09-27 085802-2.png

On the screen you can see one of the related tasks (marked green)

If I need to move a task to another, I use this option:

Adnotacja 2019-09-27 090026.png

What is interesting, sometimes such a relationship as I indicated in the main application shows up. But after some time it disappears due to unknown reasons.

I need that (marked green) relation i any report (best would be CSV). Is it possibe?

This is child-parent relation.

Suggest an answer