Hi Jira Support Team,
I am currently using google email as an outgoing email for Jira notification activities. One google email address has 500 email quota per day. Unfortunately, the email quota will most likely to reach it's limit due to one outgoing email address only. Each of the project is sharing the same outgoing email for notification activities.
Is there an alternate way for me to setup outgoing email for each project to avoid the quota limit problem?
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Per your description, it seems yo want to set a single e-mail address to be the notification sender for each project you have in your Jira Server instance. Is that correct?
You can do it by following the steps below:
- Choose > Projects, and select a project.
- Locate the Notifications section, and click the pen icon next to the email address.
- Enter a valid email address, and click Update.
Notifications about issues from this project will now be sent from the new email address. If you ever wanted to change it back to the default address from your SMTP server, complete the same steps but leave the email address blank.
Also, Please consider the observations below:
- This email address will also serve as the reply address for responses.
- This setting is specific to the selected project, and won’t affect the configuration of other projects, or the default ‘sender address’ of your SMTP mail server.
You can check more details in the documentation below:
Let us know if this information helps.
For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events