Jira Server Core version: 8.1.0
User uses @ to mention someone in the company in a ticket comment. The user gets the list of users and clicks on the user. It renders to "[~username]" literal text not a hyperlink with the name and blue with link.
1. Checked user has access to Browse permissions(global permissions set to allow users to do mentions), also user role.
2. Tried having the user save the comment even without rendering, after its saved. The render is completed. So it works after but not before.
3. If you type [~ you get a list of users but when you select user it goes back to text, if the user is admin it works fine creating the link in blue before submitting the comment.
4. Cleared cache, rebooted, same browser (chrome).
5. Checked the rendering on the comment field, shows Wiki style rendering.
6. See images how it looks for the user and for admin.
@Angel Hernandez It seems user is using Text mode while admin is using Visual mode.
This is how it works. Visual mode will show how it will look after submitting beforehand.
Mode can be switched in bottom left of comment or description window.
We know that great teams require amazing project management chops. It's no surprise that great teams who use Jira have strong project managers, effective workflows, and secrets that bring planning ...