Issue Security - parsing information

Beth Pettit December 20, 2021

Hi. Is it possible to enable Issue Security and parse the fields/information to limit what can be viewed based on user permissions, e.g., The customer enters the favorite colors, favorite song, and favorite city but I want user group A to only see the field favorite colors and the responses, while user group B can see all of the information. Is this technically feasible? And if so, how can this be configured? 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hi Beth,

Since you are on server, here appears to be a Marketplace app that you could use. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212681/secure-fields-data-security-privacy?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

Beth Pettit December 22, 2021

Thanks @John Funk I will look into the plugin to see if it'll meet my customer's requirements. :)

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

No, Jira does not have field-level security, it only goes down to the issue level.

0 votes
Beth Pettit December 20, 2021

@Brent Nye tagging for your visibility... 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events