I just installed jira core but i got some problem to sign in

daren han January 20, 2020

hi Support,

I just installed jira core but how to import the xml file from my previous jira setup when I cannot login to the jira core?

regards,

Daren

3 answers

1 vote
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hi @daren han 

You can create a localadmin account to login following the steps here:

0 votes
daren han January 21, 2020

I am trying to migrate a old jira xml setup into a new jira core. Then I find out I need to setup MySQL jdbc driver. 

Are there any guides on this? Do I need to install MySQL db server?

I just completed installing jira core. Sorry I am just starting out on this jira setup and new in this. Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Best thing to do is follow the install guide - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/installing-jira-applications-938846823.html

Bear in mind that an old .xml backup should probably be imported into the version it was extracted from, so you may need to go back to older version documentation.  That doc I've given is "latest", but remains a good starting point as it walks you through the principles.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

There is no way to tell what might be wrong from "I cannot log in".  Can you tell us what the problem is?  Error messages?  What directory are you using for people's accounts?  What does the log say the problem is?

Suggest an answer