I can't add a custom filter.

William Cook June 6, 2019

I have admin authority but I can't add any custom filters. I can do a search but I can't save the search as a filter.

We did add an app called

InProduct translation for JIRA

earlier in the day and wonder if this might be part of the problem.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2019

@William Cook  , any user should be able to save a search as filter. If it is just about sharing a filter then it could be related to a global permission issue.

Would recommend you to disable the new plugin and check to validate whether the plugin is the reason.

William Cook June 7, 2019

Hi Fazila,  Thank you for your quick response.  I'll try that.  I have admin permissions.  We are only one day into using Jira and are trying to figure it out.  I'll look into the global permissions to see if they might not be set right.

Cheers.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2019

@William Cook  , to be clear, if you are able to create filter but not able to share, then you can check global permission - shared objects...

If you are not able to save the filter at all, then straight away look at disabling the plugin and test

William Cook June 7, 2019

Thanks Fazila.  Removing the app returned us to full functionality.  We are using Jira Core Server V8.2 and it was incompatible.  We will research other options for translating some of Jira's terms to what our users are more comfortable with.  In the meantime we will use the native Jira references.  Good luck in  your future endeavors!  Live Long and Prosper!

BC

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events