How to mirror an existing issue from another project to my project?

Devi July 29, 2021

I would like to add an issue from another project to my project on issue type "Requirement".  I want to my project issues to be updated when it was updated on the source project. 

I tried cloning the issue on the source project and move it to my project.  but the updates are not available.

I wonder if how to do this or is there any plug-in that can be used for this? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

Hi @Devi 

Depending on what you need to be synchronized between the two issues (just the status? custom fields? just about everything, including comments & attachments?) there are a couple different ways to do this.

I see you are on Server, so you won't have the free Automation for Jira that is provided on Cloud, but check out the on premise documentation.

Another option would be to try a clone/synchronization app like Elements Copy & Sync. Copy & Sync will update fields, comments, and attachments, but not the issue status. 

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2022

Hello @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_

Following up on this, can you give more details for future users around how to manage synchronisation of issues on cloud?

For things like the ones you mention: Status, fields, everything else, ...

Suggest an answer